240 pages, Color Illustrations (4 Color), Hardcover, 7 x 10"
Release date: 03/01/2009
Extraesophageal reflux disease represents a group of syndromes in which patients resent with symptoms not typical for gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), such as: cough, asthma, laryngitis, globus, dysphagia and even sinusitis and possibly otitis.
This unique book presents best evidence and practices from experts in the fields of gastroenterology, allergy, otolaryngology, surgery and pulmonology to best understand the current clinical challenges in this field and to help all subspecialties that interact with this group of patients. It outlines diagnostic and management strategies for each of the above symptoms so that we call all better care for this group of difficult to diagnose patients.
AudiencePrimary Subject: Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery / Laryngology
Audience Level: Professional
- Epidemiology of Extra-Esophageal Reflux Disease
Millie Long and Nicholas Shaheen.
- Pathophysiology of Extraesophageal Reflux Disease
Amit Agrawal, N. Sharma, and Marcelo Vela.
- Laryngitis: From the Gastroenterologists Point of View
- Laryngitis: From the ENT Point of View
- Laryngopharyngeal Reflux and Laryngeal Disorders: The Role of the Speech-Language Pathologist
Thomas Murry, Sabrina Cukier-Blaj, Douglas Hicks.
Ted Mau, Dale Ekbom, and Gaelyn Garrett.
- Asthma and GERD
- Cough and GERD: An Evidence-Based Approach to Diagnosis and Treatment
Matthew Bohning and Joel Richter.
- Dysphagia: Interactions with Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
David Shapiro, Ikuo Hirano.
- Diagnostic Testing in Extraesophageal GERD
- Medical Therapy for Laryngopharyngeal Reflux
J. Schneider and Michael Vaezi.
- Surgical Treatment of Extraesophageal Reflux
Brandon Williams, W. Richards, and Michael Holzman.
About The Author
Michael Fredrick Vaezi, MD, PhD, is currently a Professor of Medicine at the Vanderbilt University Medical Center in the division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology. He is the Director of Clinical Affairs for the division and Director of Center for Swallowing and Esophageal Disorders and Director of Clinical Research.