Graduation can be an exciting and yet terrifying time. What do you do now that you’ve graduated and completed all your hard studies? Many turn to advice from those who are more experienced to aid them in making a decision.
We were fortunate to sit down with several of our authors in the field of audiology at the AudiologyNOW! meeting this past April. We asked these seasoned experts what advice they would give to students or anyone starting out in the communication disorders professions. Their responses were heartfelt, candid, a little irreverent, but definitely reveal a deep love for their profession.
Some of their advice-
- Consider going into private practice
- Get an MBA/other higher degree
- Be true to yourself; do what you want to do and do it well
- Continue learning about the industry/technology
- Communicate with patients better than your peers
We hope you enjoy!