We are looking for a hands-on, smart and highly energetic candidate to work in a key supporting role in our sales and marketing department. As a small but growing company, our ideal candidate must be a confident, highly organized, multi-skilled self-starter with willingness to learn quickly and deliver what is required to help marketing and sales achieve aggressive growth goals.
The Sales Assistant (SA) serves in an important support position on the Sales and Marketing team, performing administrative and customer service tasks critical to academic textbook sales. The SA will develop a thorough understanding of the higher education market and of Plural’s products. This position entails daily correspondence to college campuses and connecting with a variety of campus decision makers: instructors, department chairs, bookstore managers, etc., providing general support as needed. The SA will report to the Marketing Director, but also work closely with the Sales Manager and Customer Service team.
- Develop and maintain relationships with instructors and serve a contact for instructor queries including ebook requests, companion site access, and tech or access issues.
- Verify all incoming exam requests as legitimate and flag inappropriate or fraudulent requests. Recommend related texts that were not requested.
- Enter feedback/notes from instructors into Acumen CRM database for later reference and product development
- Verify and grant access to Instructor Companion Websites
- Fulfill ebook exam copy requests
- Articulate features and benefits of our products in light of customer needs and competition
- Update and maintain customer database and adoption tracking database
- Assist Sales Manager with compiling Bi-Monthly Adoption report
- Assist Customer Service with processing print exam copy requests during busy periods
- Research and keep updated new Deep Dives for special education, singing, and ASL/deaf education
- Report on activities and results to key stakeholders across departments
- Provide customer feedback to key stakeholders in editorial, marketing, production and finance
- Assist Marketing Director with monthly metadata update to distributors
- Update product database, website, and online booksellers with changes and new titles
Qualified candidates should possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university or college
- Publishing experience and/or sales or customer-facing experience preferred
- Superior time management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Analytical and able to set priorities and problem solve with creativity and sound judgment.
- Flexible and able to accept cross-functional responsibilities as assigned
- Comfortable with learning new technologies and systems. Experience with customer database management systems experience a plus
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Location: San Diego, CA. No relocation assistance available for this position
• This is a full-time office-based position.
To apply, submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.