Fluency Disorders: Stuttering, Cluttering, and Related Fluency Problems
Kenneth J. Logan
Details: 400 pages, B&W, Softcover, 8.5"x11"
© 2022 | Coming Soon
Release Date: 11/16/2020
Available for purchase starting 10/19/2020
Fluency Disorders, Second Edition is a vital resource for graduate courses on stuttering and related disorders of fluency. This thoroughly updated text features accessible and comprehensive coverage of fluency disorders across a range of clinical populations, including those with developmental and acquired stuttering, cluttering, and various types of developmental and acquired language impairment.
Information in the text is aligned with current standards for clinical certification specified by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association's Council for Clinical Certification (CFCC). Readers will learn how to assess and treat fluency disorders within the frameworks of communication and speech production, and will gain practical knowledge about how to work with clients/patients who have impaired fluency
The text is separated into five key sections: foundational concepts, childhood stuttering, other types of fluency disorders, clinical assessment, and treatment approaches. Together, these topics make the comprehensive Fluency Disorders a truly distinguishable text in the field of speech-language pathology.
- Content that emphasizes clinical practice as well as client/patient experiences
- Chapter objectives begin each chapter and highlight key topics
- "Questions to Consider" conclude each chapter to help readers apply their knowledge
- Readers learn to organize information around clinical principles and frameworks
- Bolded key terms throughout and an accompanying comprehensive glossary
New to the Second Edition
- New larger 8.5x11" trim size
- Updated and expanded references throughout
- Reorganization and increased coverage of treatment information
- New "Application to Clinical Practice" text boxes to help readers relate chapter concepts to clinical practice
- Access to a PluralPlus companion website with PowerPoint lecture slides for each chapter, and activities and videos for skill development
Barbara J. Amster, Evelyn R. Klein
Details: 242 pages, B&W, Softcover, 7" x 10"
© 2018 | Available
Details: 175 pages, B&W, Softcover, 8.5" x 11"
© 2012 | Available
Gene J. Brutten, Martine Vanryckeghem
Details: Boxed Set, B&W, 8.5" x 11" - Includes Test Manual, Speech Situation Checklists, Behavior Checklist, Communication Attitude Test, Test Forms, Norm Sheet, and Scoring Key
© 2007 | Available
Details: 308 pages, B&W, Softcover, 8.5" x 11"
© 2007 | Available