Preclinical Speech Science Bundle (Textbook + Workbook)
Preclinical Speech Science Bundle (Textbook + Workbook), Third Edition is a high-quality textbook with companion workbook for undergraduate and graduate courses in speech and hearing science. Written in a user-friendly style by distinguished scientists/clinicians who have taught the course to thousands of students at premier academic programs, it is the text of choice for instructors and students. Additionally, it is applicable to a broad range of courses that cover the anatomy and physiology of speech production, speech acoustics, and swallowing as well as those that cover the hearing mechanism, psychoacoustics, and speech perception.
The material in the textbook is designed to help future speech-language pathologists and audiologists to understand the science that underpins their work and provide a framework for the evaluation and management of their future clients. It provides all the information students need to be fully ready for their clinical practicum training.
The third edition of the workbook reflects the changes found in the textbook and includes activities to correspond with the three new textbook chapters on Auditory Anatomy and Physiology, Auditory Psychophysics, and Speech Physiology Measurement and Analysis, as well as revised content throughout the existing chapters. It contains a variety of activities, including anatomical labeling, measurement of physiologic and acoustic data, interpretation of graphs, and the conduct of simple experiments (without the need for special equipment). Comprehensive answers are also included for each chapter.
- Describes scientific principles explicitly and in translational terms that emphasize their relevance to clinical practice.
- Features beautiful original, full-color illustrations designed to be instructive learning tools.
- Incorporates analogies that aid thinking about processes from different perspectives.
- Features "sidetracks" that contain clinical insights and relate interesting historical and contemporary facts to the discipline of speech and hearing science.
- Provides a framework for conceptualizing the uses, subsystems, and levels of observation of speech production, hearing, and swallowing.
- Includes material that is ideal for preparing both undergraduates and graduates for clinical study.
New to the Third Edition Textbook
- Three new, up-to-date, and comprehensive chapters on Auditory Anatomy and Physiology; Auditory Psychophysics; and Speech Physiology Measurement and Analysis.
- All chapters fully revised including updated references and new full-color, detailed images.
- Ancillary materials available on a PluralPlus companion website including PowerPoint lecture slides, image bank, study guides, and audio files.
Books featured in this bundle
Thomas J. Hixon, Gary Weismer, Jeannette D. Hoit
Details: 728 pages, Full Color, Hardcover, 8.5" x 11"
Release Date: 08/31/2018