Training and Interpretation of FEES in Adults
Edie R. Hapner
Details: 3 DVDs, 1 CD
Training and Interpretation of FEES in Adults emanates from the authors self-developed and proven program for training Speech-Language Pathologists in the use of FEES. Comprehensive and eminently clear and concise, it comprises three DVDs of video lectures that give practicing clinicians a solid foundation on the use of flexible endoscopic evaluation of swallowing.
Clinicians are guided through didactic lectures and actual FEES exams to aid in the diagnosis of swallowing problems as seen through endoscopy. A review of laryngeal anomalies that may be encountered during the endoscopic examination rounds out this comprehensive program. Throughout, the multidisciplinary management of swallowing is highlighted.
The package includes a CD with a FEES documentation template, completed FEES documentation forms for exams featured on the DVDs, a scope passing and FEES competency checklist, and additional resources in addition to the three training DVDs.
Ideally suited to training and competency development for medical Speech-Language Pathologists, this product can also be easily integrated into graduate teaching in dysphagia courses and for training Otolaryngology residents interested in learning how to perform and interpret FEES exams.
"It is evident from Dr. Hapner's narratives, slides, videos, and the supplementary information that this educational program has much to offer, even an experienced clinician."
—Martin Brodsky, PhD, CCC-SLP, Assistant Professor, Johns Hopkins University (2012)
"Rated 5 out 5."
—SLP Telepractice Blog, http://SLPtelepractice.com (November 8, 2013)
- Section One: Anatomy of the Laryngeal Mechanism (60 min.)
- Section Two: Physiology of the Laryngeal Mechanism (60 min.)
- Section Three: Flexible Endoscopic Evaluation of the Swallow (90 min.)
- Section Four: Infection Control and Scope Processing (20 min.)
- Section Five: Topical Anesthetic Use by the SLP (30 min.)
- FEES Documentation Template
- Completed FEES Documentation Templates for Featured Exams
- Scope Passing and FEES Competency Checklist
- A Speech-Language Pathologist's Guide to Describing Vocal Lesions
Joseph C. Stemple, Edie R. Hapner
Details: 508 pages, B&W, Softcover, 7" x 10"
Release Date: 03/01/2019
Roger D. Newman, Julie Nightingale
Details: 344 pages, B&W With Color Insert, Softcover, 7" x 10"
Release Date: 06/15/2012