Controversies in Central Auditory Processing Disorder
Anthony T. Cacace, Dennis J. McFarland
Details: 550 pages, B&W, Hardcover, 7" x 10"
© 2009 | Available
In the foreword, Dr. Robert Burkard states, "If you are looking for a clinical cookbook on how to diagnose and treat those with (central) auditory processing disorders (CAPD), you should not read this book. This book is much less than a clinical cookbook, and much, much more." Featuring contributions from a stellar team of expert contributors in the areas of audiology, psychology, anatomy, neuroscience, imaging science, and epidemiology, this new book addresses major controversies in the field of auditory processing and its disorders. The contributors consider a range of topics including the history of the field, contemporary anatomical models, auditory processing streams, neuroplasticity, professional models, modality specificity, music perception and its disorders, speech recognition, aging, educational outcomes, tinnitus, and auditory neuropathy.
"This text is an excellent encapsulation of the current state of research in CAPD. Overall, this text encourages thoughtful consideration of contemporary and future trends in CAPD. ... It will be of interest to every clinician and researcher who has an interest in auditory processing."
Annette Hurley, PhD, CCC-A, Otology & Neurotology (2010)
"This is an excellent encapsulation of the current state of research into the assessment of auditory preocessing disorders."
Ryan McCreery, MS (Boys Town National Research Hospital), Doody's Review Service (2009)
"This is a very interesting and timely text with a group of diverse authors, collectively providing a comprehensive coverage of this subject that has attracted significant and renewed interest over the last few years. ... An excellent book for those interested in APD to read and certainly worth having a copy for personal use."
Tony Sirimanna (Great Ormond Street Hospital, London), Community Ear and Hearing Health (2009)
"A very interesting book ... Chapters are not limited to topics directly related to central auditory processing disorder but address multiple clinical entities including auditory neuropathy, specific learning difficulties and tinnitus."
A. Banerjee, Journal of Laryngology and Otology (2009)
"Named to Doody's Core Titles in the Health Sciences 2015 list"
Robert F. Burkard, Ph.D.
- The Concept of Auditory Processing Disorder
A Brief History
James F. Jerger, Ph.D.
- Organization of the Central Auditory Pathways in Nonhuman Primates and Humans
Troy A. Hackett, Ph.D.
- Speech and Auditory Processing in the Cortex: Evidence from Functional Neuroimaging
Frank Eisner, Ph.D. and Sophie K. Scott, Ph.D.
- Cortical Processing Streams and Central Auditory Plasticity
Josef Rauschecker, Ph.D., Sc.D.
- Imaging Gray Matter Structure in Living Humans: Implications for Understanding Auditory Processing
Jennifer Melcher, Ph.D.
- Models of Central Auditory Processing Abilities and Disorders
Dennis J. McFarland, Ph.D. and Anthony T. Cacace, Ph.D.
- Challenges in CAPD: An Epidemiological Perspective
Karen J. Cruickshanks, Ph.D.
- Issues in the Assessment of Auditory Processing in Older Adults
Larry E. Humes
- Speech-in-Noise Measures as Necessary Components of Routine Audiological Evaluations and Auditory Processing Disorder Evaluations
Richard H. Wilson, Ph.D. and Rachel McArdle, Ph.D.
- Controversies in Standardization of Auditory Processing Tests
Robert W. Keith, Ph.D.
- Putting the Auditory Processing Back into Auditory Processing Disorder in Children
Justin Cowan, Ph.D., Stuart Rosen, Ph.D., and David R. Moore, Ph.D.
- Modality Specificity and Auditory Processing Disorders
Dennis J. McFarland, Ph.D. and Anthony T. Cacace, Ph.D
- Associations Between Auditory Abilities, Reading, and Other Language Skills in Children and Adults
Charles S. Watson, Ph.D. and Gary R. Kidd, Ph.D.
- Music Perception and Recognition Disorders
Simone Della Balla, Ph.D.
- The Dynamic Brainstem: Implications for Auditory Processing Disorder
Karen Banai, Ph.D. and Nina Kraus, Ph.D.
- Tinnitus as a Central Auditory Processing Disorder
Dirk De Ridder, M.D., Ph.D., Tomas Menovsky, M.D., Ph.D., and Paul H. Van de Heyning, M.D., Ph.D.
- Auditory Neuropathy: Bridging the Gap Between Basic Science and Current Clinical Concerns
Anthony T. Cacace, Ph.D. and Robert H. Burkard, Ph.D.
Auditory Processing Disorders: Assessment, Management, and Treatment
Donna Geffner, Deborah Ross-Swain
Details: 606 pages, B&W, Softcover, 7" x 10"
© 2019 | Available
Scientific Foundations of Audiology: Perspectives from Physics, Biology, Modeling, and Medicine
380 pages, B&W, Hardcover, 7" x 10"
Anthony T. Cacace, Emile de Kleine, Avril Genene Holt, Pim van Dijk
Details: 380 pages, B&W, Hardcover, 7" x 10"
© 2016 | Available
Handbook of Central Auditory Processing Disorder, Volume I: Auditory Neuroscience and Diagnosis
Frank E. Musiek, Gail D. Chermak
Details: 768 pages, B&W, Hardcover, 7" x 10"
© 2014 | Available
Handbook of Central Auditory Processing Disorder, Volume II: Comprehensive Intervention
Gail D. Chermak, Frank E. Musiek
Details: 792 pages, B&W, Hardcover, 7" x 10"
© 2014 | Available
Assessment and Management of Central Auditory Processing Disorders in the Educational Setting: From Science to Practice
Teri James Bellis
Details: 532 pages, B&W, Softcover, 7" x 10"
© 2011 | Available