Hegde's PocketGuide to Communication Disorders
Details: 496 pages, 2-Color, Softcover, 4.5" x 8"
© 2018 | Available
Now in its second edition, Hegde's PocketGuide to Communication Disorders is a renowned resource, the first of its kind, and now a classic in communication sciences and disorders.
This revised PocketGuide, like the other two classic guides, blends the format of a dictionary with the contents of a textbook and clinical reference book. With this guide, both the students and the professional clinicians may have, at their fingertips, a single, invaluable resource on the encyclopedic knowledge of the entire range of communication disorders, epidemiology and ethnocultural factors, symptomatology, onset and development, etiological factors, and major theoretical concepts of their profession.
The SLP that has this handy guide in his or her pocket will have a detailed reference on disorders, easily reviewed before the clinical sessions or examinations. Information on disorders and related concepts in the guide may be rapidly accessed because of their alphabetical entry.
- Alphabetical entries and section tabs for ease of access
- Underlined terms that alert the reader for cross-referenced entries on related disorders and concepts
- Genetic and psychiatric information of relevance to SLPs
- Neurophysiological background to relevant disorders of communication
New to the Second Edition
- Even more succinct entries and easy to navigate terms
- Updated terms on several disorders to reflect the current literature
- Updated information on all communication disorders, their classifications, epidemiology, and etiology
- New 4.5x8" trim size for easier portability
- Hegde's PocketGuide to Assessment in Speech-Language Pathology, Fourth Edition
- Hegde's PocketGuide to Treatment in Speech-Language Pathology, Fourth Edition
Preface to the Second Edition
How the PocketGuide Is Organized
How to Use This PocketGuide
About the Author
AIDS Dementia Complex (ADC)
Alzheimers Disease (AD)
Aphasia: Specific Types
Apraxia of Speech in Adults
Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)
Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
Cerebral Palsy (CP)
Childhood Apraxia of Speech (CAS)
Dysarthrias in Adults
Dysarthria: Specific Types
Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
Language Disorders in Children
Language Disorders in Infants, Toddlers, and Preschoolers
Language Disorders in Older Students and Adolescents
Literacy and Literacy Problems
Psychiatric Problems Associated With Communication Disorders
Right Hemisphere Disorder
Speech Sound Disorders (SSDs)
Speech Sound Disorders in African American Children
Speech Sound Disorders in Bilingual Children
Syndromes Associated with Communication Disorders
Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Details: 562 pages, 2-Color, Softcover, 4.5" x 8"
© 2018 | Available
Gary Weismer, David K. Brown
Details: 388 pages, Full Color, Softcover, 8.5"x11"
© 2021 | Available
Language and Literacy Development: English Learners with Communication Disorders, From Theory to Application
Linda I. Rosa-Lugo, Florin Mihai, Joyce W. Nutta
Details: 432 pages, B&W, Softcover, 6" x 9"
© 2020 | Available
John W. Oller, Jr., Stephen D. Oller, Stacy Oller
Details: 624 pages, B&W, Softcover, 7" x 10"
© 2013 | Available