Joseph S. Kalinowski, Tim Saltuklaroglu
Details: 359 pages, B&W, Softcover, 6" x 9"
© 2006 | Available
- A new and revolutionary approach to stuttering drawing on neuroscientific advances.
- Includes practical methodology for reducing stuttering through sensory and motor tools.
Totally unlike any other coverage of the subject, this textbook presents a new paradigm for understanding the nature and treatment of stuttering based on recent discoveries in neuroscience. The authors illustrate how visible stuttering manifestations are actually a solution to a central problem, acting as a compensatory mechanism for a central involuntary block, rather than a problem in themselves. This book features methods that reduce stuttering by inhibiting this central block, through the use of sensory and motor tools, notably mirror neurons, and shows readers that stuttering is not a condition that can be effortlessly "trained out" of the system or eliminated via simple speech retraining.
Clinicians and students alike will find this textbook a revolutionary and invaluable resource on stuttering.
- Section I.
Nature of Stuttering
- Stuttering and the Person Who Stutters.
- Defining Stuttering, Assessing the Impact of Stuttering and Evaluating Therapeutic Changes.
- Contemporary Methods of Treating Stuttering.
- Section II.
Inhibition of Stuttering
- Inhibition of Stuttering, Speech Gestures, and Mirror Systems.
- Sensory Inhibition: Choral Speech, AAF Second Speech Signals.
- Motoric Inhibition: Therapy Techniques, Singing, Whispering Stuttering, Pseudostuttering.
- Therapy Provision: Combining Techniques for Maximum Inhibition: Available Options for Functional Stuttering Inhibition.
- Case Studies: Using a Complete Toolbox to Provide Optimal Therapy for Children and Adults.
Barbara J. Amster, Evelyn R. Klein
Details: 242 pages, B&W, Softcover, 7" x 10"
© 2018 | Available
Details: 175 pages, B&W, Softcover, 8.5" x 11"
© 2012 | Available
Details: 227 pages, B&W, Softcover, 6" x 9"
© 2006 | Available
Ehud Yairi, Carol H. Seery
Details: 475 pages, B&W, Softcover, 8.5" x 11"
© 2023 | Coming Soon
Release Date: 11/01/2021