Communication and Swallowing in Parkinson Disease
Deborah Theodoros, Lorraine Ramig
Details: 256 pages, B&W, Softcover, 7" x 10"
© 2011 | Available
Numerous books have been written on various medical aspects of Parkinson's Disease. Until now, however, there has not been published a text which focuses specifically on the debilitating speech, cognitive-linguistic, and swallowing disorders associated with this disease.
The current body of literature in the field of speech pathology pertaining to the description, assessment, and management of the communication and swallowing difficulties experienced by people with Parkinson's Disease is extensive. However, the majority of this literature is published in research journal article format, or as individual book chapters in various books. The first of its kind, Communication and Swallowing Disorders in Parkinson's Disease condenses and organizes this information into an accessible format in order to provide a comprehensive understanding of these disorders and their management in this clinical population.
Foreword by Mitchell F. Brin, MD
- Chapter 1: Parkinson Disease: Symptoms and Medical Management
Andrew Blitzer, Mitchell F. Brin, and Miodrag Velickovic
- Chapter 2: Neuropathologic Bases for Communication and Swallowing Disorders in Parkinson Disease
- Chapter 3: Speech Disorder in Parkinson Disease
- Chapter 4: Assessment and Treatment of the Speech Disorder in Parkinson Disease
Shimon Sapir, Lorraine Ramig, and Cynthia Fox
- Chapter 5: Cognitive-Linguistic Disorder in Parkinson Disease
Adrienne Hancock, Leonard LaPointe, and Brooke-Mai Whelan
- Chapter 6: Assessment and Treatment of Cognitive-Linguistic Disorder in Parkinson Disease
- Chapter 7: Swallowing Disorders in Parkinson Disease
Michelle Ciucci, Leslie Mahler, and David H. McFarland
Julie Barkmeier-Kraemer, Rebecca Leonard
Details: 230 pages, B&W, Spiral Bound, 8.5" x 11"
© 2019 | Available
Linda S. Carozza
Details: 319 pages, B&W, Softcover, 6" x 9"
© 2016 | Available
Leonard L. LaPointe, Bruce E. Murdoch
Details: 232 pages, B&W, Softcover, 7" x 10"
© 2014 | Available
Connie K. Porcaro
Details: 273 pages, B&W, Softcover, 7" x 10"
© 2023 | Available