Rapid Audiogram Interpretation: A Clinician's Manual
Lane D. Squires, Beth Colombo, Samantha McKinney
Details: 216 pages, B&W, Spiral Bound, 8.5" x 11"
Rapid Audiogram Interpretation: A Clinician's Manual provides a methodical, step-by-step approach for interpreting audiograms. Training and experienced clinicians, as well as non-audiologists in related fields, will benefit from this unique workbook and easy-to-remember interpretation process.
The manual includes audiogram examples on a varying level of complexity (basic, intermediate, and advanced), accompanied by official interpretations, matching the specific interpretation method recommended by the authors. This specific interpretation process allows the reader to learn the method and apply it to every future audiogram interpretation, making it an invaluable resource.
Otolaryngology trainees (graduate medical students, residents, fellows) are expected to have a working knowledge of audiogram interpretation, however, few, if any, have direct lectures or mentored clinical experiences designed to provide this knowledge within their first few years of training. This resource fills that gap and provides a means for beginners to master interpretation of the audiogram. It also serves as a general review for more experienced clinicians.
- Includes 65 audiogram examples!
- Uses an 8-step method that can be easily learned and universally applied to future audiogram interpretations
- A searchable index by diagnosis for each audiogram aids the learner in seeing disease-specific examples
- Spiral-bound format allows readers to easily test themselves on audiogram and interpretation examples
- Blank interpretation sheets for audiogram practice
- Includes a Glossary for quick reference of key terms
- Written by otolaryngologists and an audiologist for comprehensive expertise and coverage
Rapid Audiogram Interpretation will also be helpful for students and professionals in related fields, such as audiology, speech-language pathology, and deaf/hard of hearing education.