School Programs in Speech-Language Pathology: Organization and Service Delivery
Jean Blosser, Jennifer Means
Details: 441 pages, B&W, Softcover, 8.5" x 11"
© 2020 | Available
Now in its sixth edition, School Programs in Speech-Language Pathology: Organization and Service Delivery continues to be a vital resource for faculty, graduate students, school-based practitioners, and program administrators who strive to make a difference in the school setting. The text provides practical solutions and strategies to tackle the challenges faced in the complex and ever-changing education landscape.
The authors aim for the book to be an excellent opportunity to stimulate new ways of thinking about the critical role speech-language pathologists (SLP) play in children's education and social development. It provides a foundation for understanding where SLP programs fit within the school organization. SLPs will be motivated to collaborate with colleagues, lead discussions about the link between communication and learning, and introduce innovative models for delivering services. School Programs encourages SLPs to embrace their positions on school teams, share knowledge to make services educationally relevant and help children reach their highest potential.
School Programs in Speech-Language Pathology focuses on service delivery, program design, interprofessional collaboration, and how to organize and manage an effective program. Additionally, it covers meeting state and national standards, following federal mandates, and how to relate to and communicate with colleagues and parents. Finally, it encourages readers to grow professionally and enjoy their career as a school-based SLP.
- Uniquely focuses on service delivery as opposed to assessment and treatment like other texts
- Chapter questions provide a review of concepts and practical applications
- Real-life examples and collaborative strategies to supplement chapter concepts
- Usable forms and checklists
New to the Sixth Edition
- New co-author, Jennifer Walsh Means
- A new unique framework for thinking about outcomes for school-based programs
- Increased pedagogical features in text to enhance learning and comprehension, including chapter learning objectives and engaging learner activities
- Explanation of the SLP's role in MTSS and contributions to student success
- Practical process, strategies, and tools for building interprofessional collaborative partnerships
- Recommendations and tips for coaching teachers and parents
- Updated information on legal policies and trends
- Addition of a PluralPlus companion website with instructor resources including PowerPoint lecture slides, sample exam questions, and instructional projects
Chapter 1. Evolution of SLP Programs in Schools
Chapter 2. Becoming an Ethical Professional
Chapter 3. Foundations of the SLP Program
Chapter 4. The Speech-Language Pathologist as a Leader and Manager
Chapter 5. Tools of the Trade
Chapter 6. Accountability, Documentation, and Outcomes
Chapter 7. Establishing the SLP Workload and Caseload
Chapter 8. Service Delivery Options
Chapter 9. Educationally Relevant Services
Chapter 10. Interprofessional Collaboration: Creating Strong Partnerships
Chapter 11. Experience Schools
Chapter 12. Life as a Professional SLP
Appendix A. University Outreach Committee (UOC) Professional Resource Document for the Roles and Responsibilities of the School-based SLP
Appendix B. Sample Individualized Education Program (IEP)
Appendix C. Sample of Common Core State Standards
Purchasers of this book receive complimentary access to supplementary materials hosted on a PluralPlus companion website.
To access the materials, log in to the website using the URL located inside the front cover of your copy of School Programs in Speech-Language Pathology, Sixth Edition.
To access the instructor materials, you must contact Plural Publishing, Inc. to be verified as an instructor and receive your access code.
Tel: 866-758-7251 (toll free) or 858-492-1555
Wayne A. Foster
Details: 226 pages, B&W, Softcover, 7" x 10"
© 2018 | Available
Details: 402 pages, B&W, Softcover, 7" x 10"
© 2018 | Available
Common Core State Standards and the Speech-Language Pathologist: Standards-Based Intervention for Special Populations
Lissa A. Power-deFur
Details: 249 pages, B&W, Softcover, 7" x 10"
© 2016 | Available
Trici Schraeder, Courtney Seidel
Details: 310 pages, B&W, Softcover, 8.5" x 11"
© 2022 | Available
Lydia Kopel, Elissa Kilduff
Details: 243 pages, B&W, Softcover with layflat binding, 8.5" x 11"
© 2021 | Available
Details: 247 pages, B&W, Softcover, 7" x 10"
© 2021 | Coming Soon
Release Date: 10/19/2020