Clinical Management of Children's Voice Disorders
Christopher Hartnick, Mark Boseley
Details: 289 pages, Full Color, Softcover, 7" x 10"
© 2010 | Available
Written for SLPs who care for children with vocal disorders, this new publication is specially designed for SLPs to have access to the medical information at a special price. To that end, certain chapters have been removed from Pediatric Voice Disorders, which focuses on the techniques of surgical care, and other chapters have been reshaped to highlight issues of office based diagnosis and intervention. Several new chapters have been added, including a fascinating and comprehensive chapter by Katherine Verdolini which reviews the literature regarding voice therapy in children as well as an additional chapter on the work-up and treatment of children with Velopharyngeal Insufficiency. The authors have provided a cross-fertilization of thoughts and ideas that comes from putting together a seemingly diverse group of specialists and having them focus on specific pediatric disease-based and pediatric voice pathology-based topics. Within this book, members of each specialty attend to these questions and comment upon how the specialties can best work together towards obtaining diagnoses and rendering unified and comprehensive treatment.
"... A high quality book and valuable resource for clinicians working with children who have voice disorders, particularly medically involved pathologies."
—Adrienne B. Hancock, PhD, Doody's Review Service (2010)
"Speech-language pathologists who specialize in clinical voice pathology are the target audience for a handsome new text titled 'Clinical Management of Children's Voice Disorders' by Christopher Hartnick, MD, and Mark Boseley, MD. The focus is on medical and surgical interventions, rather than behavioral. The book features 25 authors contributing to 16 chapters on such welcome and well-covered topics as laryngeal electromyography (LEMG), pulmonology, airway reconstruction and singing."
—Martin L. Spencer, MA, CCC-SLP, Advance for Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists (March 2011)
- Chapter 1: Developmental, Gross, and Histologic Anatomy of the Larynx Mark E. Boseley and Christopher J. Hartnick
- Chapter 2: Pediatric Laryngology: The Office and Operating Room Set-Up Mark E. Boseley and Christopher J. Hartnick
- Chapter 3: Evaluation of the Child With a Vocal Disorder Shirley Ghersonand Barbara M. Wilson Arboleda
- Chapter 4: Voice Quality of Life Instruments Mark E. Boseley and Christopher J. Hartnick
- Chapter 5: Laryngopharyngeal Reflux and the Voice Stephen C. Hardy
- Chapter 6: The Role of the Pediatric Pulmonologist Kenan E. Haver
- Chapter 7: Lryngeal Electromyography in Pediatric Patients Al Hillel
- Chapter 8: Pediatric Laryngeal Electromyography Andrew R. Scott and Christopher J. Hartnick
- Chapter 9: Voice Therapy for Children Katherine Verdolini Abbott, nicoleYee-Key Li, Rita Hersan, and Leslie Kessler
- Chapter 10: Working With the Pediatric Singer: A Holistic Approach Robert Edwin
- Chapter 11: Benign Lessons of the Pediatric VocalFolds: Nodules Webs, and Cysts J. Scott McMurray
- Chapter 12:Juvenile Onset Recurrent Respiratory Papillomatosis Matthew T. Brigger and Christopher J. Hartnick
- Chapter 13: Vocal Fold Immobility Matthew T. Brigger and Christopher J. Hartnick
- Chapter 14: Pediatric Airway Recontruction and the Voice Karen B. Zur
- Chapter 15: Functional and Spasmodic Dysphonia's in Children Marshall E. Smith, Nelson Roy, and Cara Sauder
- Chapter 16:Diagnosis and Treatment of Velopharyngeal Insufficiency Matthew T. Brigger, Jean Ashland, and Christopher J. Hartnick
- Chapter 17: Paradoxical Vocal Fold Motion Venu Divi, Mary J. Hawkshaw, and Robert T. Sataloff
- Chapter 18: Psychiatric and Psychological Interventions for Pediatric Voice Disorders Abigail L. Donovan and Bruce J. Masek
Voice Therapy: Clinical Case Studies
Joseph C. Stemple, Edie R. Hapner
Details: 508 pages, B&W, Softcover, 7" x 10"
© 2019 | Available
Pediatric Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery: Clinical Reference Guide
Sanjay R. Parikh
Details: 752 pages, B&W, Softcover, 4.5" x 8"
© 2014 | Available
Pediatric Voice: A Modern, Collaborative Approach to Care
Lisa N. Kelchner, Susan Baker Brehm, Barbara D. Weinrich
Details: 240 pages, B&W with Color Insert, Softcover, 7" x 10"
© 2014 | Available
Handbook of Voice Assessments
Estella P.-M. Ma, Edwin M.-L. Yiu
Details: 400 pages, B&W, Softcover, 7' x 10"
© 2011 | Available