Cochlear Implant Patient Assessment: Evaluation of Candidacy, Performance, and Outcomes
Details: 200 pages, B&W, Softcover, 8.5"x11"
Release Date: 10/01/2019
Available for purchase starting 09/02/2019
This updated second edition of Cochlear Implant Patient Assessment is an instrumental reference for clinicians working with cochlear implant recipients and graduate students in the fields of speech-language pathology and audiology. The content of the text is logically organized, and begins with necessary background information for cochlear implant candidacy and the selection process. Later chapters provide information on assessment of implant candidacy, postoperative assessment of performance over the long term, and possibilities for future research and understanding.
Though Cochlear Implant Patient Assessment contains useful information for even the most seasoned clinicians, it will serve an especially important role in the education and training of students and clinicians being introduced to cochlear implant clinical practice. Having an experienced audiologist and speech-language pathologist authoring this work unites the inter-disciplinary nature of this practice.
New to the Second Edition
- Up-to-date research guiding candidacy and outcomes assessment—particularly relevant for cases of hearing preservation, determining bilateral CI candidacy, bimodal hearing, and assessment of the nontraditional cochlear implant candidate
- Assessment of candidacy and postoperative outcomes for individuals with unilateral deafness
- Assessment of non-English speaking patients
- Role of imaging in device selection and postoperative assessment
- Access to a PluralPlus companion website with interactive files and printable forms
Jace Wolfe, Erin C. Schafer
Details: 408 pages, 2-Color, Softcover, 8.5" x 11"
Release Date: 10/14/2015
Details: 858 pages, Full Color, Hardcover, 8.5" x 11"
Release Date: 12/10/2018
Laurie S. Eisenberg
Details: 890 pages, B&W, Softcover, 7" x 10"
Release Date: 07/27/2016
Michael J. Ruckenstein
Details: 448 pages, B&W, Hardcover, 7" x 10"
Release Date: 02/23/2012
Patricia M. Chute, Mary Ellen Nevins
Details: 239 pages, B&W, Softcover, 6" x 9"
Release Date: 03/01/2006