Hegde's PocketGuide to Treatment in Speech-Language Pathology
Details: 612 pages, 2-Color, Softcover, 4.5" x 8"
© 2018 | Available
Now in its fourth edition, Hegde's PocketGuide to Treatment in Speech-Language Pathology is a renowned resource, the first of its kind, and now a classic in communication sciences and disorders.
This revised PocketGuide, like the other two classic guides, blends the format of a dictionary with the contents of a textbook and clinical reference book. With this guide, both the students and the professional clinicians may have, at their fingertips, the encyclopedic knowledge of the entire range of treatment concepts and approaches, general treatment guidelines and specific procedures, treatment evaluation and selection criteria, detailed and multiple treatment procedures for all disorders of communication, and guidelines on treating ethnoculturally diverse individuals.
The SLP that has this handy guide in his or her pocket will have a quick as well as a detailed reference to general and specific treatment procedures and many brief, task-specific treatment procedures that a clinician may readily use in serving any individual of any age. The information may easily be reviewed before the clinical sessions or examinations, because the entries in the guide are in the alphabetical order.
- Current knowledge on treatment philosophies, approaches, and techniques
- Alphabetical entries and section tabs for ease of access
- Underlined terms that alert the reader for cross-referenced entries on related concepts and procedures
- Step-by-step treatment procedures
- Multiple treatment options for each disorder
New to the Fourth Edition
- Updated entries to reflect current practice and procedures
- Newer and multiple treatment concepts and procedures
- Methods by which treatment procedures are evaluated
- Criteria for selecting an effective treatment procedure among available alternatives
- New 4.5x8" trim size for easier portability
- Hegde's PocketGuide to Assessment in Speech-Language Pathology, Fourth Edition
- Hegde's PocketGuide to Communication Disorders, Second Edition
Preface to the Fourth Edition
How the PocketGuide Is Organized
How to Use This PocketGuide
About the Author
Apraxia of Speech (AOS) in Adults
Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)
Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
Childhood Apraxia of Speech (CAS)
Ethnocultural Variables in Treatment
Gender Identification Therapy (Elective)
Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
Language Disorders in Children
Language Disorders in Ethnoculturally Diverse Groups
Language Disorders in Infants, Toddlers, and Preschoolers
Language Disorders in Older Students and Adolescents
Literacy and Literacy Skills in Children
Psychiatric Problems Associated with Communication Disorders
Right Hemisphere Disorders
Speech Sound Disorders
Syndromes Associated with Communication Disorders
Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) in Adults
Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) in Children
Treatment of Communication Disorders: Procedures that Apply Across Disorders Treatment of Communication Disorders: A General Sequence that Applies Across Disorders
Treatment of Communication Disorders: Procedural Modifications
Treatment Selection Criteria
Velopharyngeal Dysfunction (VPD)
Details: 562 pages, 2-Color, Softcover, 4.5" x 8"
© 2018 | Available
Kay T. Payne
Details: 221 pages, B&W, Softcover, 7" x 10"
© 2020 | Available
Details: 470 pages, B&W, Spiral, 8.5" x 11"
© 2024 | Coming Soon
Release Date: 12/12/2022