Language Sampling with Children and Adolescents: Implications for Intervention
Marilyn A. Nippold
Details: 390 pages, B&W, Softcover, 7" x 10"
© 2021 | Coming Soon
Release Date: 01/29/2021
Available for purchase starting 01/01/2021
NOW COVERS CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS!
The third edition of Language Sampling with Children and Adolescents: Implications for Intervention provides guidelines for analyzing spoken and written language production in both children and adolescents. The text, which is geared for graduate students and practicing speech-language pathologists, has been expanded to include preschool children (ages 3-4 years) and school-age children (ages 5-11 years), in addition to adolescents (ages 12-18 years). Included within the book are numerous figures, tables, and practical exercises (with answer keys) to help readers understand how to analyze the content and structure of the different discourse genres—conversational, narrative, expository, and persuasive—and how to utilize this information in establishing functional language goals and implementing intervention activities for children and adolescents with language disorders.
The ability to express oneself with accuracy, clarity, and efficiency is essential for success in social, academic, and vocational settings. Language Sampling with Children and Adolescents: Implications for Intervention, Third Edition, is a must-have resource for those working with preschool children, school-age children, and adolescents.
New to the Third Edition
- Now also covers preschool and school-age children
- Each genre (conversation, narration, exposition, persuasion) now has its own chapter
- Grammar review and exercises (with answer keys) have been expanded
- Includes greater number of language samples to analyze (with answer keys)
- Includes more normative data for spoken and written language production
- Offers greater direction for intervention
- Includes more case studies
- All chapters have been updated to reflect recent research
Details: 257 pages, B&W, Softcover, 6" x 9"
© 2009 | Available
Language and Literacy Development: English Learners with Communication Disorders, From Theory to Application
Linda I. Rosa-Lugo, Florin Mihai, Joyce W. Nutta
Details: 432 pages, B&W, Softcover, 6" x 9"
© 2020 | Available