Language and Literacy Connections: Interventions for School-Age Children and Adolescents
Geraldine P. Wallach, Alaine Ocampo
Details: 227 pages, B&W, Softcover, 8.5" x 11"
© 2022 | Coming Soon
Release Date: 11/16/2020
Available for purchase starting 10/19/2020
Unravel the connections among LANGUAGE & LITERACY and help your students thrive in their classrooms and beyond. . .
Language and Literacy Connections: Intervention for School-Age Children and Adolescents takes readers on a path of knowledge steeped in principles and practical applications. This much-needed new text uniquely integrates language learning and disorders and literacy together in a coherent and cohesive narrative that covers the challenges facing school-age students from early elementary levels through high school. Using past and current research and interventions from speech-language pathology (SLP) and reading and literacy arenas, the authors present transcripts, cases, and detailed intervention sessions to provide a template for daily practice. The text raises questions relating to “why am I doing this?” and provides some answers to this most complex, yet basic, question.
Language and Literacy Connections
- Uses strong theoretical foundations with detailed applications to real-life situations and practices
- Highlights the different levels of literacy, from foundational to disciplinary, that underpin current thinking
- Includes three major sections that build upon one another as the authors navigate through: (1) conceptual frameworks to their (2) practical applications across discourse intervention and individual language components and (3) service delivery models
- Addresses the role of comprehension in auditory processing and classroom difficulties
- Compares effective and less effective intervention sessions with explanations about why each fall within a category
- Debunks common myths and practices that have been questionable for decades but that persist in practice
- Offers innovative suggestions related to providing collaborative service delivery procedures through virtual online platforms through specific lesson plans
- Answers the question asked by many school-based SLPs: How do I add literacy on top of my responsibilities when my caseloads are so large and demanding?
- Questions at the beginning of each chapter that reflect concerns of SLPs and their teams
- Projects and assignments that supplement and review the material
- Examples of teaching modules with practical lesson plans that integrate the role of SLPs in Interprofessional Practices (IPP) while explicitly addressing the curriculum across a variety of subject areas
- A PluralPlus companion website with videos, case studies, sample forms and reports, and PowerPoint slides for instructors
M.N. Hegde, Frances Pomaville
Details: 571 pages, B&W, Softcover, 8.5" x 11"
© 2017 | Available
Marilyn A. Nippold
Details: 352 pages, B&W, Softcover, 7" x 10"
© 2014 | Available
Barbara Culatta, Kendra M. Hall-Kenyon, Sharon Black
Details: 488 pages, B&W, Softcover, 6" x 9"
© 2013 | Available
Candace L. Goldsworthy, Katie R. Lambert
Details: 231 pages, B&W + CD, Softcover, 6" x 9"
© 2010 | Available
Diane L. Williams
Details: 336 pages, B&W, Softcover, 6" x 9"
© 2009 | Available
Anne van Kleeck
Details: 356 pages, B&W, Softcover, 6" x 9"
© 2006 | Available
Language and Literacy Development: English Learners with Communication Disorders, From Theory to Application
Linda I. Rosa-Lugo, Florin Mihai, Joyce W. Nutta
Details: 432 pages, B&W, Softcover, 6" x 9"
© 2020 | Available