Assessment in Emergent Literacy
Khara L. Pence
Details: 549 pages, B&W, Softcover, 6" x 9"
© 2007 | Available
Assessment in Emergent Literacy is a practical guide to identifying preschool and early school-aged childrens' strengths and needs across multiple domains of emergent and early literacy, to include phonological awareness, print awareness, narrative, vocabulary, and motivation. Specific approaches to assessing and monitoring growth in high priority areas of literacy are provided. This handbook also provides guidance for evaluating children's learning environments, including supports with the home and classroom.
This user-friendly manual:
- Discusses the importance of supporting children's learning and development through assessment
- Presents special considerations for assessment, including information regarding assessing children who are English Language Learners, assessing children who have disabilities, and assessing children in unique classroom and home contexts
- Provides practical recommendations for how early literacy professionals might use the information they gain from assessments to make decisions regarding the amount and types of professional development that teachers require or the kinds of activities and practices toward which early literacy professionals should direct additional attention
Written to serve as the ideal resource for early literacy professionals at both pre-professional and post-graduate levels, it is also an essential volume for reading specialists, literacy coaches, special educators, speech-language pathologists, preschool teachers, kindergarten teachers and others involved with planning and conducting assessments in programs serving children who have not yet begun formal reading instruction.
- Assessing Contexts of Learning and Development
- Introduction: Measuring Contexts of Learning and Development and Children's Early Literacy Growth
Khara L. Pence, Ph.D.
- Assessing Classroom Language and Literacy Richness
Alice K. Wiggins, M.Ed., Kelly A. Marshall, M.Ed., and Sarah A. F. Friel, BSC, MSC, CCC-SLP
- Assessing Professionals' Knowledge and Skills
Marcia R. Davidson, Ph.D. and Paula F. Moore, Ed.D.
- Assessing Home Supports for Literacy
Tricia A. Zucker, B.B.A, M.Ed. and Staci L. Grant, M.Ed.
- Assessing Implementation of Literacy Curricula
Sharon Walpole, Ph.D. and Katrin L. Blamey, M.A.
- Assessing the Quality of Storybook Reading
Margaret M. Sutton, M.Ed., Amy E. Sofka, M.Ed., Kathryn E. Bojczyk, Ph.D., and Stephanie M. Curenton, Ph.D.
- Assessing Children's Growth and Development.
- Assessing Phonological Awareness
C. Melanie Schuele, Ph.D., Lori E. Skibbe, Ph.D., and Prema K.S. Rao, Ph.D.
- Assessing Print Knowledge
Sonia Q. Cabell, M.Ed., Anita S. McGinty, M.A., CCC-SLP, and Laura M. Justice, Ph.D., CCC-SLP
- Assessing Narrative Development
Stephanie M. Curenton, Ph.D. and Tamika D. Lucas, M.Ed., CCC-SLP
- Assessing Vocabulary Development
Khara L. Pence, Ph.D., Kathryn E. Bojczyk, Ph.D., and Rihana S. Williams, Ph.D.
- Assessing Literacy Motivation and Orientation
Erin M. McTigue, Ph.D., Angela R. Beckman, M.S., CCC-SLP, and Joan N. Kaderavek, Ph.D., CCC-SLP
Literacy and Deafness: Listening and Spoken Language
Details: 400 pages, B&W, Softcover, 6" x 9"
© 2014 | Available
Systematic and Engaging Early Literacy: Instruction and Intervention
Barbara Culatta, Kendra M. Hall-Kenyon, Sharon Black
Details: 488 pages, B&W, Softcover, 6" x 9"
© 2013 | Available
Linking the Strands of Language and Literacy: A Resource Manual
Candace L. Goldsworthy, Katie R. Lambert
Details: 231 pages, B&W + CD, Softcover, 6" x 9"
© 2010 | Available
Emergent Literacy: Lessons for Success
Sonia Q. Cabell, Laura M. Justice, Joan Kaderavek, Khara L. Pence, Allison Breit-Smith
Details: 165 pages, B&W, Softcover, 8.5" x 11"
© 2009 | Available
Early Literacy Foundations (ELF)
Details: 330 pages, B&W, CD, 8.5" x 11"
Phonological Awareness for Literacy (PAL)
Details: B&W, Spiral Bound, 8.5" x 11"
© 2009 | Available
Language and Literacy Connections: Interventions for School-Age Children and Adolescents
Geraldine P. Wallach, Alaine Ocampo
Details: 358 pages, B&W, Softcover, 7" x 10"
© 2022 | Available