Photodynamic Therapy of Diseases of the Head and Neck
Details: 224 pages, 2-Color, Hardcover, 7" x 10"
© 2008 | Available
Purchase Print Book
This authoritative text presents the background, methodology and outcomes for Photodynamic Therapy (PDT) treatment of diseases of the head and neck. The author, an expert and pioneer in this field, discusses the indications for PDT treatment with their advantages and pitfalls. As PDT is an approved therapy for treatment of head and neck cancers in many countries in the world, this text provides the clinician and basic researcher with an understanding of PDT and how to successfully employ it for the successful treatment of head and neck cancers. This comprehensive book is unique in that no other scientific text has devoted itself to the presentation of PDT treatment of head and neck and upper aerodigestive tract disease, a treatment area that has its own unique treatment issues.
This is the first text for clinicians and researchers who need to perform or learn about PDT of the head and neck. The text includes both established treatment modalities as well as new and upcoming treatments, such as the use of PDT to treat antibiotic resistant infections.
"This is an excellent review of photodynamic therapy and its various applications in the field of head and neck surgery. Each chapter is written in an informative yet readable fashion. Both novices and experts in PDT are likely to benefit from this book."
—Rodrigo Bayon, MD (Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine), Doody's Review Service (2008)
- The Roswell Park History of PDT: 1972 to the Present: A Personal Perspective
Thomas J. Dougherty
- Principles of Photodynamic Therapy-Induced Killing of Tumor Cells
Nancy L. Oleinick and David Kessel
- PDT Laser Physics and Safety
- Photodynamic Therapy (PDT) in Oral Cancer
Barry L. Wenig and David Goldenberg
- Photodynamic Therapy of Early Laryngeal Cancer
Merrill A. Biel
- Interstitial PDT Cancer Treatment
Christian S. Betz and Colin Hopper
- Intraoperative Adjuvant PDT of Head and Neck Cancer
Merrill A. Biel
- Photodynamic Therapy (PDT) in Nasopharyngeal Cancer
I. B. Tan, H. J. Nyst, H. J. C. M. Sterenborg, R. L. P. van Veen, P. C. Levendag, D. J. Robinson, and F. A. Stewart
- Photodynamic Therapy for Esophageal Diseases
Wetske M. Wystra and Kenneth K. Wang
- The Use of Photodynamic Therapy in the Management of Lung Cancer
Eric S. Edell
- Photodynamic Therapy in Skin Cancer of the Head and Neck
Alexander Kübler and Nicolas Hunzelmann
- Nursing Care of the Photodynamic Therapy (PDT) Head and Neck Patient
- Photodynamic Therapy of Recurrent Respitory Papillomatosis
Mark J. Shikowitz, Bettie M. Steinberg, and Virginia Mullooly
- PDT of Bacterial and Fungal Biofilms
- Glossary of Terms
- 1. PDT Laser Treatment Record
- 2. Formulae for Light Dose
Lisa A. Orloff
Details: 544 pages, Full Color, Hardcover, 8.5" x 11"
© 2017 | Available
Bari Hoffman, Henry Ho, Christine Sapienza, Jeffrey J. Lehman
Details: 304 pages, Full Color, Hardcover, 8.5" x 11"
© 2016 | Available
Michael Hinni, David G. Lott
Details: 264 pages, Full Color, Hardcover, 8.5" x 11"
© 2015 | Available
Gresham T. Richter, James Y. Suen
Details: 456 pages, Full Color, Hardcover, 8.5" x 11"
© 2015 | Available
Elizabeth C. Ward, Corina J. van As-Brooks
Details: 640 pages, Full Color, Hardcover, 8.5" x 11"
© 2014 | Available
Randal Weber, Brian Moore
Details: 580 pages, Full Color, Hardcover, 8.5" x 11"
© 2012 | Available